Why do we make eating so difficult? It should be easy but humans always complicate things!
Join CFF’s “Eat & Exercise” Challenge as we journey to adapt simple lifestyle changes for a better, healthier you!
8 Week Challenge 2/13/17 - 4/9/17
The Challenge will concentrate on the Zone Diet and implementing lifestyle changes through daily food journals of your MOOD, FOOD, WATER and EXERCISE!!!
Here’s Everything You Need to Know!
1) Challenge start date: February 13th, 2017 at 12:01 am
2) Challenge end date: April 9th, 2017 at 11:59 pm.
3) The challenge is 8 weeks.
4) Journals will be kept by each participant and are due on Mondays by the close of business (8PM). Paper copies of journals are required. Template provided.
5) Measurements are required at the beginning and end of the challenge. CFF will measure the athlete’s body-fat percentage by using the 3-point Skin-fold Caliper and the inches of the chest, waist and hips.
6) Workout Requirements: minimum of 3 days a week at our box (gym)- UNLIMITED Membership included in challenge cost for those that are not current members!
7) Before and After Photo’s to document your success!
8) Amanda’s spin on the Zone Diet. Zoning food consists of maintaining close ratios of 40% Carbs, 30% Protein and 30% Fat at each meal throughout your day. Zone “Blocks” help to make this calculation easy so meal planning can be a breeze. These ratios work well with one’s hormonal response to foods. Consuming meals five times a day helps to create a sense of satiety that discourages overeating. A complete “How To” will be covered at the kick off but contact us with any questions in the meantime, especially if you are new to Zone!
9) Cheat Meals: You are allowed one (1) cheat day a week. Cheat day must be noted in the participants food journal.
10) Winners will be selected from a list of finalists. Finalists will be selected based on the following:
a) All journals (template provided) were completed and submitted by due dates.
b) All measurements were completed as scheduled.
c) At least 3 workouts per week were completed and noted on the food journal.
d) Before and After photos were taken by a CrossFit Frederick representative.
11) We will have one Male winner and one Female winner.
12) There is a first place and runner up. Winners will be selected based on the greatest loss of body fat percentage and/or on the greatest number of total inches lost.
13) Winners will receive a prize basket full of useful and fun goodies to assist in maintaining his/her fantastic results!
14) Starting Measurement Appointments available – February 8th thru 10th.
15) The registration fee is $50 for current members and $299 for non members which includes an UNLIMITED membership at CFF for the duration of the challenge! All fees are non-refundable.
16) In addition to the finalists, there will be weekly prize drawings with the names of everyone that submitted a food journal that week. One lucky winner each week.
This challenge is for males and females, ages 0 to 200, fitness enthusiasts, couch potatoes, those battling injuries, illness, you name it! EVERY workout tailored specifically to you, your needs, your fears, your goals. Come check it out! What do you have to lose other than pounds and inches?!?!
REGISTRATION for this challenge is CLOSED.
Contact us at 240-651-5981 for information on our next challenge.
Questions? New to CrossFit? New to Zoning Food? Nervous?
Call Us! 240-285-8063