Just a few reminders:
The Great Pumpkin Run registration fee increases on 8/21, so register now to save. The race is November 5. Remember to register under the CrossFit Frederick social team.
The Lurong Challenge registration fee increases on 8/22. Get in now while the rate is still low. This fitness and diet challenge runs from 9/12 to 10/30.
Gabby is back from vacation and yoga resumes this Saturday, 8/20 at 10:15. Sign up on Mindbody or download the CFF app.
We caught Gabby before she headed out to Colorado and New Mexico for vacation and asked her a few questions to get to know her better.
1. Where are you from? Born in Virginia, but grew up in Maryland.
2. Time(s) you normally work out at CFF? 9AM Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
3. Accomplishment you are proud of (CrossFit or otherwise): making it through a workout 3x a week :)
4. Skill or movement you are working to perfect: All! I am new so it’s exciting to learn lifts, etc.
5. Favorite exercise/WOD: Murph (1/2 of course…)
6. What got you into CrossFit? Yoga!
7. Why do you do CrossFit? Because I feel stronger after every WOD. I always surprise myself.
8. Your occupation/what occupies the majority of your day? Teaching yoga!
9. What is your dream job? Owning my own yoga studio/wellness center.
10. What do you do to relax? Meditate, read, hike
11. Favorite place to vacation: Colorado
12. Favorite cheat food: French fries!
13. If you could be a character from a movie, who would it be and why? Dory from Finding Dory so I can live my life in the ocean singing “just keep swimming”.
14. What is playing on your music player right now? Probably anything from country to hip-hop
15. Hobbies/Activities: yoga, hiking, running
16. Any interesting/unique/special skills? I like to turn myself upside down a lot.
17. What is something we probably didn’t know about you? I lived in Guam for 3 years.
18. Any Pets? Yes, a cat named Brah-man
19. Favorite toy as a child: Barney stuffed animal