Stu has been a CrossFit Frederick member since November of 2012. We cornered him and told him he couldn't leave until he filled out this voluntary questionnaire. Thanks for your willingness to participate, Stu!
1. Where are you from? Reston, VA
2. Time(s) you normally work out at CFF? 9AM Monday-Friday
3. Accomplishment you are proud of (CrossFit or otherwise): becoming a qualified Engineer Officer in the U.S. Navy submarine force
4. Skill or movement you are working to perfect: handstand walk
5. Favorite exercise/WOD: ring muscle up, Angie (100 pull-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats for time)
6. What got you into CrossFit? A friend at work mentioned she was going to a CrossFit “Getting Started” class. I went online to find out what she was talking about and thought, “Wow, that sounds like fun!”
7. Why do you do CrossFit? CrossFit keeps me in fantastic shape without a huge time commitment. At the same time, it’s fun and the people I’ve met at CrossFit are so nice and friendly. It’s like being in a Rocky movie every time I workout.
8. Your occupation/what occupies the majority of your day? Electrical Engineer that does modifications on nuclear power plants.
9. What is your dream job? Shooting guard on an NBA franchise
10. What do you do to relax? Read, watch NBA basketball on TV
11. Favorite place to vacation: Costa Rica
12. Favorite cheat food: Chocolate chip cookies and cookie dough
13. If you could be a character from a movie, who would it be and why? I don’t know what the movie character was like, but the original literary Sherlock Holmes was a badass, both mentally and physically. I guess I wouldn’t mind him, minus the cocaine habit.
14. What is playing on your music player right now? Van Halen
15. Hobbies/Activities: cycling, surfing (real waves, not the internet!), pickup basketball
16. Any interesting/unique/special skills? I’m a ham radio operator and know Morse code
17. What is something we probably didn’t know about you? I’ve bicycled across the U.S. three times and around France once.
18. Any Pets? No pets, but I like cats.
19. Favorite toy as a child: Atari
20. What else is cool/interesting/different, etc. about you? I spent a lot of my 20’s underwater as an officer on a U.S. Navy nuclear submarine.