It’s almost summertime and what is better than indulging in ice cream. Here is a recipe to make your own Paleo ice cream based on a recipe from Civilized Caveman Cooking’s blog. If you haven’t checked out this blog, you are missing out on some tasty treats.
Maple Bacon Ice Cream
(copy and paste into web browser)
• 1 can of coconut milk
• 1/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup
• 3 slices nitrate free bacon
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Lay your 3 slices of bacon on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and place in the cold oven
2. Turn your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and start the cooking process
3. Let your bacon cook until it is crispy and you can cut into your own home made bacon bits, mine took about 35 minutes
4. Once your bacon is done, place your coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a blender and mix well
5. Pour your ingredients into your ice cream maker and let the magic happen
6. Chop your bacon into tiny bacon bit size pieces
7. About 5 minutes in when your ice cream starts to solidify, add all your bacon bits and let the magic keep happening.
8. Once your ice cream is done, transfer to another bowl and let it set in the freezer to your liking
Optional: Add ¼ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate chips when you add the bacon to the mixture to add some extra yum to this ice cream recipe.